This role assembles small sized electric motor parts in a clean room environment for aerospace end use. Extreme attention to detail and adherence to narrow tolerances is required. Individuals must be able to work under a microscope for prolonged periods of time.
A skilled operator who enjoys working with their hands and using a variety of tools including calipers, microscopes, solder, side cutters, precision instruments tools, etc.
A multi-tasker that is flexible and can work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
A relationship builder who thrives in a team environment and working with a diverse work group.
A critical thinker who approaches challenges with a can-do attitude and the willingness to find the best solution for the customer and the business.
· Ability to wind magnetic mini electric motors
· Assemble and check work under magnification (potential of 80% of work performed under magnification)
· Learn two steps of the assembly process (material preparation, insertion, connection, forming, use of magnet wire 43 AWG & 41 AWG)
· Ability to follow written instructions consistently and accurately.
· Use equipment, tools and/or power tools to perform work and maintain quality and efficiency standards.
· Perform highly diversified work involving considerable adjusting, fitting, and aligning to tight tolerances and strict inspection standards.
· Re-check each step in the production process to ensure customer expectations are maintained.
· Continuously learn and apply regulatory procedures to work effectively.
· Works under a microscope for prolonged hours.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment and wear required PPE.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 12+ months experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Experience with winding and inserting coils on stators or bobbins by hand using 43 AWG wire.
· Ability to read, write and speak English is required.
· Attention to detail and adherence to narrow tolerances is required.
· Able to work under a microscope, visually recognizing acceptable criteria and making the decision to proceed or not to proceed.
· Problem solving skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Able to work with a variety of different hand tools (calipers, micrometers, solder, side cutters, manual winders, etc.).
· Ability to read and follow written instructions is required.
· Basic math skills.
· Flexible and able to adapt to new and changing situations.
· Ability to work as a part of a team and build trust.
· Has a positive outlook, and embraces Windings Core Values.
· Shows personal leadership and accountability.
Job ID: 16428