The job of the Machinist II is one with flexing priorities. Familiarity with aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, glass, and reinforced epoxies will be necessary. Incumbent will use measurement and inspection equipment and employ techniques involved in the use of cutting tools, as well as the set up and operation of all machine shop support equipment such as drill presses, surface grinders, honing machines, band saws, cut-off saws, etc. Good communication skills and a level of comfort in working within a team in an aerospace machine shop environment, under some supervision, is important.
- Set up and operating all machine shop support equipment such as drill presses, surface grinders, honing machines, band saws, cut-off saws, bride-port etc. Key mindset of ownership, adaptability, performance, and quality.
- Modify machines with attachments, fixtures or specialized tooling to achieve different production capabilities.
- Monitor and adjust machine controls manually if programming proves inaccurate or machine is malfunctioning.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to defined standards
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Willingness to perform repetitious tasks while sitting or stand for periods of time.
- Work in a team environment
- Service manufacturing equipment and tooling as needed
- With appropriate oversight, exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining best results.
- Uses professional concepts and company/customer objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- High School diploma or Accredited GED
- 2 years of experience as a machinist
- Possesses and applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable working with coworkers and staff engineers in an aerospace machine shop environment
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain a positive and proactive approach to resolve conflict and/or business issues
- Knowledge of measurement and inspection equipment and techniques
- Knowledge of cutting tools and techniques
- Knowledge with setting up and operating machine shop support equipment
- Experience in defense or aerospace industry
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17673