Responsibilities will include setting up and operating milling machines and other machine shop equipment to construct and repair precision and complex machined parts, tools, dies and fixtures in accordance with engineering drawings. As supervisor you will oversee machinists and operation of the machine shop, make day-to-day decisions to ensure jobs are completed correctly, on-time and within budget.
- 10+ years’ experience with milling machines, grinders, lathes, drill pressures, cutters, touches, induction heaters and hand tools within aerospace, automotive or metal fabrication industries.
- 5+ years’ experience with tool + dye experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of tooling practices and techniques.
- Ability to lay out work, plan machine operations and quote jobs.
- Ability to perform difficult machine set-up and operations, improvise tooling.
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs as well as use hoist/ lifting devices for heavier parts.
- Ability to read/ verify drawing dimensions and tolerances for conformance using measuring instruments such as height gauges, calipers, micrometers and comparators. Also, visually inspect for burrs or damaged machined surfaces.
- Assist engineering in development work of new product/ fixtures.
- Working knowledge of CNC Machines is an advantage.
- Lead/ instruct less experience operators.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- EOE/ Disability/ Veteran.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17318