Primarily responsible for operating and maintaining machine(s) to perform select solder, wave solder, surface mount, and/or wash for circuit board assemblies.
Perform most functions related to operating and maintaining the machines of designated department.
• Must be able to operate SMT, Select Solder, and/or Wave Solder machinery.
• Must be able to read and interpret industry standards, engineering drawings and specifications.
• Must have good computer skills and ability to learn new software/programs.
• Minimum of high school diploma/equivalent or minimum two (2) years of related electronic machine experience.
• Reviews engineering documents for any special requirements.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment as applicable.
• Setup, program, and/or load circuit boards to machines.
• SMT machine may require feeder setup and loading.
• May be required to operate related equipment including: stencil cleaner, glue dot, Pick N Place, screen printer. • Participate in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement.
• Ensures work area is kept clean and safety rules are followed.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Requires resolve to follow through until satisfactory resolution is made.
• Knowledge of IPC 610 and J-STD001 workmanship criteria.
• Ability to follow work instructions.
• Ability to follow direction from management.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team.
• Ability to gather and analyze information.
• Ability to learn through shadowing and following documented procedures.
• Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
• Must be comfortable working around HOT machinery.
• Must follow safety rules and operate equipment safely.
• Commitment to company values.
• Basic computer proficiency: ability to learn and use ERP system and related programs for machines.
• Regular attendance.
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485
• Utilizing AOI machine, as applicable
• Operating Universal SMT machines
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk, sit, use computer and may interact with employees. Standing most of shift with machine use. May be required to lift up to 5 pounds. May lift trays or push carts of PCB assemblies from one department to another. May lift/push feeders from SMT Setup to SMT line.
• Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, employee will be in a manufacturing floor setting under fluorescent lighting and company radio. Machinery can get HOT.
Standard shift M-F from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Able to work OT when needed.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17247