Project Accounting for Specific Project Portfolios: As Finance Business Partner for the project portfolio you will be working with the Project Managers and team members to ensure accurate capture of actual costs incurred and updates to forecast cost to complete. Providing all financial information, analysis and insight to the project team, challenging their thinking and helping them make more informed decisions that align with the business strategy. Management Accountancy: Producing management reports to the requirements and deadlines of both internal and external customers. Incorporating sound financial controls to support the Senior Leadership Team decision making and compliance with our Group reporting requirements. Key Responsibilities
· Finance Business Partner working with the Project Managers and team members to ensure accurate capture of actual costs each month. Ensuring with Project Managers each month to update forecast costs to complete and any variation orders.
· Ensure project finance issues are managed and addressed at the earliest opportunity. Challenge cross-functional teams to ensure robust financial information is prepared that is capable of withstanding scrutiny.
· Prepare financial analysis that will deliver insight and provide advice to Project Managers with the objective of improving project financial performance, maximization of outturn contract margin and cash flows.
· Conduct variance analysis, where appropriate, against the original bid, current forecast and budget. Assessing the impact of any risks and opportunities on the overall business performance. Provide commentary for the Business reports where required.
· Deliver a monthly cash flow and working capital position, by project along with agreed action plans for achievement/improvement.
· Manage the internal and external audit processes. Ensure that all project issues are anticipated and successfully managed with the external auditors.
· Provide financial support for bids and proposals, reviewing cost estimates and ensuring that all the appropriate financial risks and opportunities are addressed, including foreign currency risks and bonds/guarantees if required. Ensure the completion of the Ultra Group Bid Review pack for all bids greater than £1m.
· Working with the Business Controller provide input into the OBU Budget and Strategic Plan.
· Identify opportunities and improve processes to ensure all project costs are reported in a timely manner. Design and implement internal reporting / dashboards to assist with monitoring and controlling performance of the projects, ensuring it is accurate, insightful and timely.
· Experience in a Project Accounting environment, or combinations of skills and experience.
· Self-motivated. In this role you must have the ability to work well with others as well as independently, working under your own initiative. You will have the confidence and gravitas to be able to effectively challenge and influence others.
· Must be highly analytical with strong attention to detail. The role requires exceptional planning and project management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships.
· Creative and pragmatic in approach whilst being well organized and calm under pressure.
· Willingness to travel and flexibility on working hours to work with colleagues Internationally
Qualifications / Skills
· Degree in Accounting or Finance and working towards a Professional accountancy qualification, or combination of both.
· Minimum 5 Years’ experience
· Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve project performance.
· Problem-solving skills are crucial to analyzing past and current performance and recommending action to improve productivity and profitability
· Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
· Candidates will need to be comfortable dealing with and adjusting to a variable workload. Ability to prioritise, to manage workload and flexibility to achieve deadlines.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17856