Experienced, organized, quality-oriented individual familiar with computer aided/assisted drawing, design and drafting for busy power-supply electronics engineering department. Knowledge of industry standard drawing practices, design standards and drafting techniques as well as practical experience with AutoCAD software is necessary. Experience building bills of materials and parts lists, generating product engineering change notices, and providing general department production support is also highly desirable.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
· 3+ years direct experience with electronics assembly design/drafting using AutoCAD or similar computer assisted technical drawing software. The ideal candidate will have proficiency using AutoCAD 2022 and experience in this industry.
· Power supply or power components design/drafting experience a plus (heatsinks, thermal management, mechanical packaging and support materials).
· Capability to generate bills of materials, parts and associated lists coordinated with technical drawings (reference designations, item and balloon numbers).
· Provide manufacturing support primarily through generating product engineering change notices (from – to drawings/sketches with delete – add instructions) and parts lists, bills of materials changes
· Generate piece part and assembly detail drawings to engineering direction; perform cross checking functions (schematic diagram to assembly drawing to parts lists).
· Enter item descriptive nomenclature (parts names) into MRP system to support purchasing and manufacturing functions
· Work from redlines, hand sketches and verbal instruction to generate AutoCAD drawings
· Familiarity with printed wiring board circuit software and design techniques is desirable
· Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic and willingness to help co-workers achieve common goals
· 3+ years’ experience with AutoCAD and background in electronics products design and drawing standards.
· Experience with parts lists, drawings/designs cross-checking, change notice and manufacturing support
· All basic capabilities of effectively supporting a world class electronics manufacturing operation: familiarity with technical drawings and lists, workmanship standards, spreadsheets/lists, mechanical design software.
· Working knowledge of military/industrial specifications a definite plus:
Mil-Std-883, Mil-Prf-38534, and J-Std- 001 and IPC-A-610. Any previous microelectronics assembly design/drafting experience will be given high attention.
· Engineering staff position; reports to company Engineering Manager
· Job Type: Full-time
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17980