Responsible for the integration and test of custom highly sophisticated and
technologically advanced Industrial x-ray Inspection Systems and various electrical,
imaging and x-ray components.
• Work closely with the engineering and production teams to integrate and test electromechanical and/or material handling systems.
• Install, wire and configure electrical, imaging and x-ray components into new and existing
• Wire electrical panels according to drawings and schematics.
• Create, modify, and finalize detailed electrical designs, schematics, and drawings.
• Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established
specifications, internal guidelines, quality standards and national codes and standards.
• Generate, revise, and finalize BOMs
• Interact with a cross-disciplinary engineering team (mechanical, electrical, software,
imaging) on system designs, to generate and edit system electrical design documents, and
to help resolve customer problems and provide world class customer service.
• Work with Production, Design & Installation teams to revise drawings and generate final
as built package.
• Test, troubleshoot and debug electrical, components and systems in-house and at
• Ensure all work is completed in compliance with all applicable local, state, federal
• Perform tasks in accordance and compliance with US and European standards, defined
quality standards, all related Company design and safety standards.
• Potential travel to customer sites or other company locations worldwide (approximately
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in integration and troubleshooting of industrial,
automated machinery systems.
• Experience with AutoCAD for Electrical.
• Proactive, team player with established verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work to schedules under time constraints in a dynamic environment.
VJCT Electrical Systems Support Engineer
• Must be highly organized and self-motivated with a strong mechanical and electrical
aptitude and problem-solving abilities
• Established understanding and experience working with high voltage power levels (>1KW)
• Familiarity with motor drives (Copley), PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens) and PC based control
• Knowledge of Pneumatic Actuator Control and Relay Logic
• Knowledge of Machine Guarding Systems and Power Distribution
• Knowledge of CE, UL, or other applicable regulatory guidelines or standards
• Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent resident who is legally authorized to work in the US
and able to successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
• Understanding of applicable local, State, federal & EU codes and design requirements
• Experience in tuning and Integration of DC Drives, VFD’s, Servo Drives, PLC’s and PC based
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Regularly required to sit and use computer equipment for prolonged periods of time to
create and revise designs, Bills of Materials, and related design documentation.
• Will be required to sit, stand, walk, bend and work within and around systems in an
• Need to repeatedly use hands to finger, handle, feel and operate hand tools, power tools,
and related standard industrial production and office equipment.
• Could be required to lift, move, carry, and/or maneuver materials up to 50 pounds alone;
heavier with assistance.
• May need to work or traverse upon ladders and/or elevated heights with proper safety
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to
• Expected to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and via email and other
electronic devices on a continual and repetitive basis.
• Domestic and international travel via air, rail, and car.
• Able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17926