Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Electrical Engineer shall have the responsibility of designing, developing, testing and supporting new and existing products from inception to end of life. This position is necessary to support present and future growth of the company.
· Design and build hardware for power electronic converters and systems.
· Provide engineering support for new and existing products relating to system offerings, power converters, motor and/or variable speed drives
· Conduct/Lead design reviews as necessary.
· Travel to potential and existing customers to provide technical support as required
· Coordinate and manage technical personnel on the project while interfacing with Program Office to ensure project milestones are being achieved.
· Provide all necessary technical inputs for technical proposals.
· Creating ILS documents including Military style Technical Manuals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· 5+ year’s experience as an Electrical Engineer developing new products.
· Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
· This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
· In depth knowledge of power conversion topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, AC/AC and/or DC/AC)
· Strong analytical skills
· Solid circuit simulation skills PSPICE or the like
· Familiar with schematic capture programs.
· Experience in power levels >5kW is a plus.
· Experience in developing 3-phase active power factor front end a plus
· Experience with hardware design of real-time controllers for defense applications a plus.
· Experience with embedded micro-processor controlled power converters
· Solid understanding of the theory, design and application of magnetics and capacitors used for power conversion
· Implementation of Ethernet communication systems using both Copper and Fiber interfaces.
· Understanding of control loop theory as it relates to power converter design.
· C- Programming skills a plus
· Ability to read small text and handwriting.
· Manual dexterity required and able to perform repetitive tasks.
· Frequently required to stand.
· The employee must be able to visually examine parts and documents.
· The employee must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17859