Farmingdale ,New York
Will be responsible for the overall Management and Strategic Leadership of the Avionics BU (Business Unit) contracts organization. Role involves oversight of a broad range of Contracts Management activities in support of assigned programs, including the review of solicitations and the support of applicable proposals for new pursuits and contract modifications of existing contracts.
- Provides day-to-day management and training of contracts staff; provides guidance on complex contractual actions as needed.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of the pursuits and contracts for a Business Area providing technical guidance and mentoring to assigned staff.
- Lead preparation, review and approval activities in support of U.S. Government, Commercial, International proposal submittals and contract actions. Significant area of focus dealing in UK contracts.
- Reviews draft and final requests for proposal in order to identify and manage business risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for oversight of pursuits, proposals, and contracts to include submissions, development of plans, business directives, and other required documentation.
- Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, government regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures and best practices.
- Reviews and negotiates contractual instruments primarily originating from our customers.
- Responsible for development, submittal and negotiation of proposals, changes, claims and requests for equitable adjustment.
- Reviews and approves routine correspondence, negotiation memoranda, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
- Provides review and contracts pricing approval for the Business Area
- Ensures preparation, retention and maintenance of contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- Provides direction and oversight for management of contract files and data base applicable to automated contracting systems and other electronic methods.
- Facilitates Non-Disclosure Agreements, Software Evaluation Licenses, Teaming Agreements, MBARs and OCI sweeps.
- Interfaces with the Government and Commercial Customers on all matters to include, but not limited to, proposals, compliance with the Statement of Work, Performance Work Statement, Specifications, Changes, drafting, review and negotiation of contact clause and funding.
- Regularly interfaces with Government PCO, ACO and DCAA and DCMA representatives. This also includes interface UK MOD representatives and international defense ministry officials.
- Supervises the activity of other Senior to new Contract Managers in accordance with corporate policy.
- Trains and develops subordinate contract professionals to assume more complex contract activity.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams and contract subordinates on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes working with the Senior Director of Contracts, as required.
- Functions as a key member of the Business team insuring superior support to Business Line goals and financial objectives.
- Enable and support the continued development of the Contracts Team to develop efficient contracting practices, standardized electronic/hard copy document management, resulting in maximum transparency and improved responsiveness to customer and organizational requests, maintain effective positive customer relationships, taking smart risks, safeguarding Harris interests, while striving to increase future work share.
- Responsible for talent development with a focus on mentorship of team members to building a solid leadership, professionalism and a strong knowledge/skill set.
- As the senior contracts leader in the Business Unit (BU), the candidate is expected to provide sound business advise to BU leadership and guidance to business line personnel as needed to assure that we operate in compliance with all laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Training and Professional Development: All team members will work to actively continue to develop their knowledge in the field of contracts. Director will plan leadership succession.
- Work with the Senior Director of Contracts to ensure department budgets are met. Position has the ability to significantly impact the profit / loss of Harris.
- Interact effectively with Contract subordinates, business unit management teams, senior project or product managers, customer/supplier law departments, Inside counsel, mid-to senior level corporate management.
- Must be aware of and sensitive to company policies regarding equal opportunity, non-discrimination and other Affirmative Action goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 15+ years, OR, a Master’s degree and 13+ years broad and increasingly more difficult professional experience in negotiating and administering complex contracts which include domestic and international commercial contracts, IDIQ, CPFF, CPAF, FFP, and T&M Type contracts.
- 15+ years of experience and compliance with, government FAR/DFAR’s, International (ITAR) and Commercial Contracting allowing for sound working knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations, Long Term Agreements, Contracts Teaming Agreements, NDA / PIA Agreements and OTs.
- 5+ years of experience with purchasing, subcontracting and accounting.
- Active Secret Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in working with Proposals, Labor and Overhead rates.
- Experience in establishing procedures to control Government and commercial property and products, export control, and security and cyber-security matters.
- Supervisory experience and ability to provide strong leadership and guidance to assigned personnel.
- Experienced in using inter-personal skills to build strong team relationships.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management or Business Administration, advanced degree preferred.
- Self-starter with good organizational and computer skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point, Excel.
- NCMA membership is desirable.
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Job ID: 16392