Garden City, NY
A Design Manager is needed to manage a team of mechanical and PCB designers in a highly diversified design environment. The department designs hardware to support space, military, and commercial applications. The successful candidate must be able to communicate design concepts from the electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers to the staff designers.
· Communicate design concepts to mechanical and PCB designers
· Documentation meets the needs of the engineering, manufacturing and quality departments
· Manage the distribution and production of the project workload within the team
· Manage the Engineering Changes workflow
· Ensure that project schedule goals are met
· Assist with technical questions on PCBs and Mechanical Designs.
· Track departmental workload and manpower requirements
· Checking of drawings produced by the department
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
· Proficient knowledge of CAD software
Inventor or similar 3D Software package such as Solid Works
· Knowledge of Military Design Standards
· Experience in designing precision machined hardware/PCBs for Space applications
· Working knowledge of the capabilities of CNC machines and Geometric Tolerancing
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17545