The Customer Advocate (CA) (Customer Service Representative) based in Ronkonkoma, NY (Long Island) is the initial point of contact for inbound customer needs. Interacting daily with customers via phone, email, and web, this role acts as a representative of the customer to the company and uses all available resources in order to provide accurate and prompt resolutions to customer issues and an overall positive customer experience.
HOURS: The hours for this position are 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Takes responsibility for fully supporting customer from quote to invoice process.
- Coordinates frequently with local and remote AE Field Sales, Product Marketing, Global Support, Accounting, Engineering, or Operations staff in order to navigate the path to resolution of customer issues and enable a positive customer experience.
- Uses SAP to provide and update delivery schedules, repair quotations and reporting status to the customer.
- Responsible for invoicing and keeping accurate records.
- Uses independent judgment in prioritizing and expediting units and examining warranty claims to produce better quality and speedy turnaround of customer requests.
- Sales Order Entry – Power, Spare Parts, & SFDC: Order Entry process (SAP).
- Service Order Administration – Power & SFDC: Service process (SAP).
- Routine reporting functions: sales open order report, RMA backlog, service reports, and revenue reports.
- Maintains constant communications with customer and is responsive to both internal and external customer needs.
- Executes proper processes for DEMO/EVAL units. This includes record, ship, return, and report on these units.
- Clerical tasks as assigned such as filing tax forms and customer purchase orders on SharePoint site and pulling data for audit purposes.
- Receives and completes requests from customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with efficiency and effectiveness to handle multiple, time sensitive tasks and meet expectations on metrics.
- Works closely with Export Compliance Department on foreign trade transactions to ensure compliance with government exporting regulations.
- Works as a member of the team by assisting and supporting each member.
- Accomplishes daily tasks reliably and accurately.
- Strives for improved functional proficiency. Identifies improvement opportunities within the group and works to remedy them.
- Occasional travel for training or customer meetings. Travel expectations approximately 10%.
- Other duties and projects are assigned as needed.
- AA/AS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a customer-centric, time-sensitive environment with ability to manage moderately complex customer situations and issues.
- Previous experience with customer interface including order entry processes, delivery commitments and follow up on communications preferred.
- Experience with CRM and or business operating systems such as SAP, Salesforce.com or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an effective, positive, and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to comprehend, relate, and follow technical product and complex functional/process specifications.
- Effective organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and follow-up on competing priorities, conflicts and problems in a demanding, time-sensitive, customer-centric environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), data management, business systems and planning software (SAP preferred).
- Must bring a positive and professional attitude with the ability to manage conflicts.
- Possess a drive to learn more, increase productivity, and provide excellent customer experiences.
- Must have time management skills to work effectively in an organized fashion and provide internal and external customers with prompt follow up.
The hours for this role are 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Job ID: 16926