Manages the Configuration Management, Data Management, Document Reproduction, and Drawing Control functions of Corporation. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall system, and coordinates recording of modifications for management control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Coordinates department process improvements.
- Manages departmental budgets.
- Reviews and approves departmental estimates.
- Handles employee reviews and appraisals.
- Handles project specific CM activities as required.
- Interdepartmental interface.
- Establishes and controls the internal and contractual configuration status accounting system and recommends changes and improvements to the company CM policies and procedures.
- Establishes procedures for control and release of Engineering drawings and associated documents.
- Provides training and development of CM personnel.
- Prepares work center budget estimates, manpower requirements, management reports, and status reports as required by management.
- Performs other duties as required.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong working knowledge of PC’s and software programs Windows, Word, Excel, Access
- Software management experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the software development process to maintain configuration control of all company developed software. This software would include, but not be limited to: operational, simulation and test software, development tools, along with supporting documentation.
- Have a working knowledge of automated data systems.
- Working knowledge of the following standards:
- MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management
- MIL-STD-1521 Technical Review Audits
- DOD-STD-2167 Defense System Software Development
- MIL-STD-1679 Software Development.
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering from a four year college.
Experience: 7-12 years related experience and/or training with 3 years managerial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job ID: 16809