• Pulls coated wire around a coil core using a hand tool.
• Wire size, type, and number of turns are per product specifications.
• Lead wire is stripped and tinned to check inductance and resistance per specifications.
• Operates the winding machine by threading wire through the tension device.
• Guides and attaches the lead wire to coil core; adjusts the machine speed and core rotation according to number of turns and wire gauge.
• Winder stops the machine at specified turns and checks the inductance and resistance of the coils per specification.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years of manufacturing assembly experience
• This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
• Experience working with military grade transformers
• Winding experience (pull winding/bobbin and layer winding)
• Willingness to interpret winding sheets, part lists, and mechanical drawings
• Mechanical assembly and soldering skills including rework
• Knowledge of wire types and installation systems
• Previous experience using hand tools
• Must be willing to lift 50 lbs frequently to a height of 3-4 feet as part of an individual or team lift
• Must have to alternate between a stationary and non-stationary position for periods greater than 50% of the time each day
• Constantly operate wire winding machinery while detecting imperfections in small, medium, and large windings
• Factory environment
• Hours are Mon to Thurs: 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Friday 7:00 am to 11:00 am
• Must pass qualification test upon completion of soldering training (Mil-Std J-Std-001 soldering certification)
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17370