To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for establishment.
· Input purchase requisitions into the Deltek/Costpoint system for purchase order generation (data entry).
· Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
· Negotiate pricing, terms and delivery with vendors.
· Request quotes from vendors (RFQs) for items on purchase requisitions.
· Prepares purchase orders or bid requests. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
· Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
· May approve invoices for payment.
· May expedite delivery of goods to users.
· Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
· Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
· Maintain correctly balanced inventory levels on all purchased material and supplies to prevent out of stock conditions and cash flow problems relating to inventory. To guarantee a continuous inventory supply, establish and maintain proper levels of inventory turns, and to control the level of backorders.
· Ensure the quality and timely delivery of purchased items in support of production schedules and customer requirements.
· Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities and outside services, as well coordinating global procurement efforts.
· Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to problems potentially affecting the flow of material and support of customers.
· Participate in company strategic processes to include sales and operations planning and new product planning.
· Completes other assigned tasks / projects as directed by Management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: At least two-year ASSOCIATE’S degree; MINIMUM
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, ratios, area, circumference, and volume to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficiency in the following computer applications: Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Deltek/Costpoint. Ability to multi-task. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to a
3 Years In An Electronic/Manufacturing Environment
Job ID: 16972