- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings/schematics to understand the procurement and manufacturing requirements.
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare bid packages.
- Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
- Prepare proposal requests consistent with the requirements of the contract.
- Develop new sources of supply based on quality product, on-time delivery and competitive pricing.
- Solicit and award purchase orders consistent with the requirements of the contract.
- Participate and contribute to departmental and company-wide process improvements and lean initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field.
- 6+ years of purchasing, supply chain, or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 6+ years’ experience in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MRP system skills.
6+ years experience in MS Word,Power Point, Excel and MRP system skills
Job ID: 16917