Farmingdale, New York
- Oversee the design, development and the transition phase of all new programs into production.
- Oversee all budgetary requirements to assure programs are within budget.
- Conduct effective program review meetings on a regular basis.
- Act as a key liaison for all customer contact; establish and maintain outstanding customer relationships, chair program reviews, resolve issues and participate in audits as required
- Initiate meetings, discussions, presentations as may be required between the Company and customer representatives for the exchange of information or resolution of problems.
- Recognize the need for and negotiate firm Long Term Agreements with major aircraft manufacturers for numerous end item purchases, based on customer build schedules, time lines, and quantities. Negotiate customer supplied material clause based on fluctuating material market, lowering risk, maintaining profit margin.
- Support business development and new business ventures. Develop presentations, estimate of costs, program time lines and benefit analysis.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, and outside suppliers to assure purchase order and work order completion dates and deliveries are on schedule. Also conduct surveillance audits to assure suppliers are compliant with requirements flowed down on our purchase orders. In addition, establish long term agreements with strategic suppliers.
- Participate in weekly production meetings to assure that work centers are in compliance with delivery schedules.
- Make informed decisions and resolve problems/conflicts, coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes.
- Identify and implement cost reduction programs to enhance the success and profitability of the company.
- Support and assist the President and undertake increased responsibility as required.
- Using AtTask or similar project management software, create project plans, establish schedules and milestones and track the progress of projects.
- Recognize/anticipate barriers to completing assigned work/projects.
- When standard procedures do not apply, use judgment and draw on past experience to interpret information, solve routine problems and/or recommend approaches.
- Contribute ideas for innovation and continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to standards, methods and procedures. Identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Seek and implement process improvement ideas in primary work area.
- Focus on activities that add value. Focus on streamlining activities for increased efficiencies.
- Collaborate as a team player by appropriately involving others in decisions/plans that affect them.
- Recognize when collaboration and leveraging of resources is necessary to add customer value.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and promptness in serving customer needs.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of program management and customer service experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate especially in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of computerized project management systems essential. Knowledge of AtTask a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
Job ID: 16133