Yaphank, New York
- Design and build hardware of power electronic converters.
- Provide engineering support for new and existing products relating to system offerings, power converters, motor and/or variable speed drives
- Conduct/Lead design reviews as necessary.
- Travel to potential and existing customers to provide technical support as required
- Coordinate and manage technical personnel on the project while interfacing with Program Office to ensure project milestones are being achieved.
- Provide all necessary technical inputs for technical proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ year’s experience as an Electrical Engineer developing new products.
- In depth knowledge of power conversion topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, AC/AC and/or DC/AC)
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid circuit simulation skills PSPICE or the like
- Familiar with schematic capture programs.
- Experience in designing AC/DC power converters, high powers a plus.
- Experience in developing active power factor front ends a plus
- Experience with embedded micro-processor controlled power converters
- Solid understanding of the theory, design and application of magnetics and capacitors used for power conversion
- Understanding of control loop theory as it relates to power converter design.
- C- Programming skills a plus
- US Government Security Clearance required.
Job ID: 16035