Hauppauge, New York
- Develop and manages the direction and daily activities of the Site’s materials and services with the focus on people, organization, process and information technology. This includes customer strategic forecasting/order entry, complete follow through the manufacturing / processing cycle, and ensuring timely logistical processing of product.
- Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout the Site supply chain. Scope and Interactions Position will directly report to the Division Supply Chain Director with additional accountability to the Business Unit Manager.
- Will manage the complete material control process including procurement, materials management, production/inventory control, and transportation logistics.
- Will interact with all levels of Division management; including operational, engineering, quality control, marketing and finance.
- Will coordinate best practices with other Site Supply Chain Managers. Key supplier and key customer contact essential.
- Accountable for managing the materials function within the Site considering manufacturing capacity, scheduling workloads, recommending in house manufacturing vs. outsourcing, quality control and workforce balance.
- Lead all Supply Chain Management activities within the Site. This will include establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, compliance with governmental procurement regulations and Group programs. Will establish and implement standard/automated re-order procedures. Will develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
- Responsible for managing the Site operational inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels for immediate production items and forecasting for future requirements. Will establish and implement standard/automated delivery procedures for just in time supplier stocking items.
- Accountable for managing the Site’s overall strategic production planning practices taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements and integrating materials availability. Will establish and implement procedures for special order request, engineering changes and part substitutions, and sales market demand for products.
- Will manage the Site’s transportation logistics to ensure distribution of products direct to customers, or through distribution centers / warehouses are completed with optimum service at the most efficient cost.
- 5-7 years managerial experience in supply chain management.
- 4 year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possesses analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic data processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprise principles and practices.
Job ID: 15471