DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for solving moderately complex engineering problems in one or more phases of development engineering project involving the analysis, research, design, development, fabrication, and testing of devices or systems
- Investigates and conducts studies on specifications and requirements of the project.
- Performs original circuit design and analysis.
- Supplies technical assistance and coordination to designers and staff assigned to the project.
- Provides direction to the Engineering Technician and associate Engineers while breadboarding, wiring, debugging, and testing is being performed.
- Designs and plans wiring layouts and schematics.
- Plans tests to be conducted and arranges the test setup.
- Checks performance of devices during tests and evaluates the results.
- Provides technical assistance in the preparation of spare parts lists, special tools, test equipment, and other engineering data.
- Specifies the procurement of specialized components and test equipment.
- May participate in field tests and other travel duties.
- Assists in preparation of bids and proposals.
- May be responsible for supervising and/or administrative duties of work group including verification of timecards and performance appraisals. May provide technical supervision to lower level engineers.
- Uses PC-based Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Programs of moderate complexity.
- Performs other similar related tasks as assigned.
- Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
· Depending on the project line assigned, reports to the Vice President of Digital Technologies, the Director of RF Engineering or the Director of Military Products.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Knowledge of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) programs preferred.
5 years’ experience in design, development, analysis and investigation of electronic devices and systems required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17399