Perform various quality-related functions within the organization’s quality program to develop, apply and maintain quality requirements for processing components and other materials into finished product. Reports to Director of Quality Assurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drive process improvements throughout our organization at both of our clients locations.
- Implements established methods and procedures for assembly and inspecting the quality level of products and production equipment.
- Analyzes failure reports and returned products and report corrective action to customers.
- Prepares and maintains defect trend analysis reports.
- May be required to witness in-plant testing of electronic equipment in accordance with an approved test procedure.
- Analyses of a variety of complex electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical items for workmanship acceptability as well as complex, precision mechanical parts and assemblies for acceptability by using a variety of tools, gages, and basic shop math.
- Records and analyzes results of inspections in the computer system and prepares inspection reports identifying approved and rejected quantities.
- Maintain a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Be responsible for performing source inspections and reducing
the variability of purchased materials through strong leadership and continual improvement of supplier quality planning processes.
- Perform internal and external supplier quality audits. Establishes and maintains a vendor/outsource database. Support and improve the supplier selection process.
- Develops metrics for supply base and procurement process to optimize Quality performance. Create/write procedures to optimize Quality performance.
- Back-up the Inspection Department.
Two years electrical or mechanical engineering or electronics trade school, equivalent military schooling or ASQ-CE certification or equivalent experience. J-STD-001 and IPC-610 knowledge and /or certification a must.
Five years Quality Control inspection experience with electronic components as well as related Quality Assurance/Manufacturing experience including SMT high reliability electronics in a ISO/AS9100 environment. Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and 5S is a plus. Microsoft Office products literate.
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17387