1. Leadership: Provide a leadership role within the engineering department by managing a combined Mechanical Engineering, PCB Layout, and Documentation department of less than 10 employees.
2. Plan: Review and approve requirements, specifications, plans, schedules, and resources proposed for engineering products or projects. Manage available resources across multiple projects and product development efforts to achieve the best possible results aligned with business objectives.
3. Manage: the development of multiple products simultaneously to ensure timely completion of products that meet performance, cost, quality and manufacturability targets. Ensure engineering methods and product designs are consistent across multiple product development efforts. Ensure product development plans and processes are coordinated with software, test and process engineering disciplines as well as marketing management.
4. Vision: Evaluate long term engineering needs relative to technological progress and business opportunities. Recommend and implement changes to staffing, procedures, equipment or software to meet these needs. Investigate new technologies as they emerge and make recommendations regarding their suitability for current or future products. Coordinate long term plans with engineering directors and with Marketing and executive management in support of business goals.
5. Optimize: Analyze and implement efficient methods, systems, processes and procedures for efficiently developing new products. Support the development of new standard operating procedures to ensure consistency and quality in operations.
6. Continuous Improvement: Take the initiative to research, develop, propose, evaluate and/or implement new methods, techniques, tools, components, or technology that improve quality, timeliness, cost and/or performance of products or the efficiency or cost effectiveness of engineering work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related technical discipline required
- Advanced degree(s) or equivalent demonstrated advanced management or leadership skills required
- Approximately fifteen or more years related engineering experience including some management experience including experience in circuit and/or system design
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in appropriate technical discipline(s)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and present technical or business information appropriately targeted to meet the needs of audiences at all levels from the highly technical to the non technical and at all business levels including business executives (including customers) in both written, verbal and presentation forms
Job ID: 16746