Mechanical Design Engineer
Growing electronics manufacturer seeks experienced design engineer. Min 5 years experience in power converters and knowledge of IPC Guidelines and MIL specs.
· Initiate and develop design concepts to meets cost objectives, schedule, manufacturing constraints and criteria by use of layouts and installation drawings. Layout, design and create drawings via solid modeling, using CAD system.
· Develop and perform complex stress/system calculations using methods such as mechanical/thermal FEA and also suggest design improvements and cost reductions across the entire product line.
· Implement product design concepts for manufacturability with interaction with the manufacturing engineer.
· Should have a thorough understanding of the Engineering impact and a basic understanding of the impact of other functions on the business.
· Qualifies alternate materials when needed; interface with vendors and suppliers to locate and approve components.
· Must be able to interpret statistical data, spreadsheets, blueprints, knowledge of MS Office Suite, Visual, AutoCAD 2000 or later and at least one 3D CAD package.
· Supports manufacturing as needed to resolve floor issues and to establish a controlled assembly process.
· Determines the root cause analysis of field returns, validates and implements corrective and preventive actions.
· Assist with designs and development of special equipment, tooling, and/or evaluate or assist in the evaluation of special or new manufacturing equipment or processes.
· Recommend and develop testing requirements when appropriate to help improve confidence in design solutions, assist in failed component analysis and recommendation of solution.
· Must be able to coordinate with all necessary departments within the company in order to develop and produce new designs. Coordinates building of prototype products.
· Coordinate with quality assurance in the assessment and specification of quality plans and processes in accordance with ISO-9001:2000 or regulatory or classification requirements.
· Design for Manufacturability; understanding the manufacturing process including fabrication and machining.
· Knowledge of commonly available metallic raw materials.
· Base decisions on fundamental engineering principles, understand how principles apply to a problem and understand assumptions involved accounting for risk added.
· Prepare reports, summaries, and recommendations regarding product design, design procedures, and evaluation of design units, and assembly prototype units
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in power converter product design.
· Experience working in hybrid manufacturing a plus.
· Understanding of product specifications.
· Proficient with mechanical CAD software including solid modeling and drawing creation.
· Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17978