The role of Maintenance Technician is to repair and maintain mechanical equipment and production machinery based on diagrams, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications using hand tools, power tools and precision equipment. The Maintenance Technician will also execute minor and major facility maintenance and janitorial services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs, upgrades, installations and periodic maintenance of facility machines and equipment
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems using schematics, wire drawings, I/O lists and manufacturer manuals.
- Replace, fix or realign machine parts and accessories according to manufacturer and production specifications
- Lubricate, adjust or replace machine components in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and aligned with preventative maintenance schedules
- Familiarity with Lock Out/Tag Out and utilize the safety process to properly quarantine equipment during service or repair
- Powers up equipment to verify functionality and performance to specification
- Execute facility repairs and improvements for the building, property, production and office areas
- Communicate with OEMs and equipment suppliers for information, support, parts and materials
- Ability to comprehend documented Standard Operating Procedures and manuals related to equipment operation and maintenance
- Other applicable tasks as by the VP of Operations
- High School diploma or equivalent w/ Technical Certification
- AAS degree preferred but not required
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn new machinery & equipment
- Understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Troubleshooting skills through deductive reasoning and schematics
- Knowledge of PLC control systems and digital electronic equipment a plus
- Familiarity with power tools, multimeters, amp meters, micrometers, calipers, RPM gauges, tension gauges and other hand tools
- Familiarity with milling, lathe, drill press, grinders and other shop equipment
- Familiarity with forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, hoists, chain falls and jacks
- Ability to balance multiple priorities through time management and planning skills
- Schedule flexibility to support multiple shifts during weekdays and weekends.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office and computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50+ LBS
Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17306