- Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Works from schematics, operating or repair manuals, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- May work with complex machines or computer systems.
- Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Perform specific tasks related to the rework of special components such as BGAs, CGAs, QFNs and other bottom terminated devices.
- Uses unique equipment (DRS-25, ERSA IR, SPARK 400 Laser, JBC and Hakko Hot Air Tools and soldering irons) to remove and replace components using documented rework processes.
- Must be able to work on small devices under a microscope as needed to ensure quality part placements.
- Solder certified.
- IPS-610/J-Std proficient.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post secondary/Associates degree with 0-2 years of prior related experience.
- Preferred Skills: Experience with BGA rework; Experience on DRS-25 hot air rework machine; Experience with hot air rework equipment; Strong Computer skills; Good attention to detail; Highly interactive, willing to work in team environment; Lean training and/or experience
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
Job ID: 16326