The Engineering Manager will lead the engineering group which product portfolio consists of components through systems. Will have the responsibility of designing, developing, testing, and supporting new and existing products and assemblies from inception to end of life. This position is necessary to support present and future growth of the company. The Engineering Manager will successfully deliver engineering activities & work-package(s) to time, cost and quality across all engineering aspects and provide engineering leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
Lead a multi-disciplinary team to:
· Define and describe the Technical Solutions during quotes
· Work with the sales team to deliver compliant quotations
· Learn required design skills to support the product realization process
· Planning and managing engineering activities and resources
· Ensuring engineering projects are managed in accordance with company process
· Working with the Manufacturing team to successfully deliver solutions that meet or exceed the Customer’s needs / requirements to cost / schedule.
· Coaching and mentoring of other engineers as required
· Provide technical inputs for quotations on new and existing designs.
· Design, develop and provide engineering services and support for new and existing products
· Conduct design reviews as necessary.
· Prepare and execute technical presentations to support in-house and formal technical reviews as required.
· Travel to potential and existing customers to provide technical support
· Coordinate and manage technical personnel while interfacing with Program Office to ensure project milestones are being achieved.
· Provide all necessary technical inputs for bids and proposals
· Other tasks as assigned
· 5+ years of experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Ability to work on US ITAR controlled articles
· This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required security clearance.
· Management experience
· Master’s Degree in Engineering
· Power Electronic Design
· System Design
· Familiar with military performance specifications
· Magnetic component design (>5years)
· Electrical/Electronic Filter design (>5years)
· Technical Lead in Design Reviews
· Technical management of subcontractors
· Supervised/Support the transition from design into production for multiple programs
· A team-oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals. Strong communication skills; positive attitude
· Must be self-motivated, adaptable, and attentive to details
· Willingness to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
· Occasional travel
· Sitting for significant portion of a day
· Ability to flex work schedule
· Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17860