To perform assigned assembly operations on electronic components and subassemblies in accordance with company, IPC and J-Standards, using all applicable occupational skills, with an absolute minimum of supervision and with an extremely high degree of competence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES not limited to but including the following:
- Performs complex and intricate wiring and assembly operations to production standards.
- Works with and assists methods personnel, engineers and designers in working out practical problems and process improvements.
- Sets up and operates automatic, semi-automatic production equipment including but not limited to SMT, wave solder, conformal coating, re-flow, pre-tinning, arbor presses, simple power tools and/or related equipment necessary for the assembly of chassis, racks, consoles, brackets, terminal boards, printed circuit boards, panels, etc.
- Records, maintains and researches/retrieves data via paper or computer, as applicable.
- Moves assigned electro-mechanical hardware through production to its next corresponding operation when required.
- Works from complicated drawings, operation sheets, assembly procedures, material specifications and processes, sketches, verbal instructions, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable military specifications and IPC specifications.
- Possesses the knowledge and capability of applying those techniques necessary to manufacture complex electronic equipment.
- Capable of conducting continuity checks
- Capable of being certified for all assigned tasks within the scope of this job description and the applicable occupational skills.
- Satisfactorily demonstrates the ability to fulfill the required technical qualifications of the job by taking an applicable practical demonstration.
- Capable of maintaining all assembly standards for assigned tasks.
- All skills associated with electrical assembly, such as: soldering, wiring, and electro-mechanical assembly; printed circuit board assembly; SMT encapsulation and potting; RF assembly; wire wrap, specialized rework and repair; chassis, console and cabinet wiring and assembly; drilling pinning and riveting operations.
- Sets up and runs SMT flow solder, conformal coating equipment, wire cutting and stripping equipment, etc.
- Computer skills are required to access Company intranet to obtain information such as. SOPS, MSDS; revision levels, etc.
- Proficient in meeting all Company Quality Standards required for job function.
- Complies with all Company Safety Regulations and maintain a clean, non-hazardous work environment.
- Capable of performing job tasks in accordance with all related Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Makes recommendations for improvement of products on operations applicable to assigned area.
- Possesses a good attitude toward job responsibilities and have the ability to deal effectively with co-workers, supervision and job related contacts.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of two (2) years directly related experience.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent, IPC certification a plus.
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17889