Farmingdale ,New York
- Responsible for designing valves and manifolds in accordance with customer specifications and ISO 9001 and AS 9100 standards.
- Review customer specifications and technical documents and create proposals.
- Design valves and manifolds to customer specifications.
- Create Manufacturing and Assembly drawings.
- Design test fixtures.
- Conduct internal and external Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Create Engineering Order (EO) changes. Coordinate engineering system changes.
- Create Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) to inform customers what will be done during testing.
- Oversee acceptance testing.
- Create Qualification Test Procedures (QTP) showing what tests are required and how tests are to be performed. These tests will determine how the part will act under extreme conditions and how it will perform over its lifetime.
- Review qualification routers and oversee qualification testing of parts.
- Conduct failure analysis and write Failure Analysis Reports (FAR).
- Program data systems for test stands.
- Analyze fluid dynamics using CFD software.
- Maintain the drawing template system. Maintain the model template system.
- Assist Chief Engineer with the completion of drawings and implementation of designs.
- Conduct internal audits as assigned or required.
- Adhere to standards, methods and procedures.
- Seek and implement process improvement ideas in Engineering.
- Contribute ideas for innovation and continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Assist the Quality department during technical discussions across the entire range of company products.
- Assist the Quality department in the calibration of testing equipment.
- Assist the Quality department with the disposition of NCMRs.
- Support the Purchasing department in the procurement of engineering materials.
- Coordinate with external suppliers on the resolution of design problems.
- Further the technology and design methods used by the Engineering department to improve efficiency.
- BS in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of CAD – Solidworks, Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis and MIL-STD-810.
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
Job ID: 16550