The Micro-Electronics Assembler will work closely with, Manufacturing Engineering, Test and Inspection on existing and new products in a clean room environment. This position requires steady hands for handling ultra- miniature materials which may only be visible through microscopes. The employee will be receive on the job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently. Individual will have daily assembly responsibilities with general supervision.
- Assemble micro-electronic components using manual techniques with general supervision using provided work instructions. Utilizing processes such as:
- Die/substrate attach
- Gold ball bonding
- Wedge bonding
- Perform Continuous Process Improvement projects.
- Use good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering to determine root cause of failures and identify potential rework or repair opportunities.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Support OT (nights, weekends, extended hours) as needed to meet schedule requirements and business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Requires minimal job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years of prior related experience.
- Some experience and understanding of micro-electronics product assembly processes, techniques, and tools such as die/substrate attach, gold ball bonding, wedge bonding, gap & laser welding.
- Previous experience in optoelectronic / microelectronic / hybrid / semiconductor assembly is preferred. This position requires steady hands for handling ultra-miniature materials which may only be visible through microscopes.
- Duties include performing epoxy die attach, wire bonding, opto-mechanical assembly and soldering, optical testing.
- Must have the ability to work with intricate parts that require a high attention to detail.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with new build and repair is a plus.
- Experience working in a clean room environment is a plus.
- The employee will receive on the job training as needed, but must be comfortable and experienced to work independently
- Contract Specialties Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Job ID: 17825