Hauppauge, New York
- Accurately and efficiently assembles/tests a variety of moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time delivery schedules.
- May perform lockwiring, first stage subassembly, and final detailing functions.
- Works on products that contain mechanical components and multiple part numbers.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Receives general supervisory guidance.
- Performs moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, basic test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Records test results on data forms using basic electrical equipment.
- Identifies malfunctions disclosed by test data and reworks as instructed.
- Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
- Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
- Performs touch-up painting of parts with finishing materials such as paint, lacquer, glaze, etc. Mixes paint and cleans parts.
- Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- May assist in training less experienced team members.
- Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
- Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
- Four or more years industry related experience in assembly/test in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
- Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
- Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
- Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
- Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications.
- Able to use employee self-service system to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems.
- May require soldering certification per customer requirements.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Job ID: 16325