- Responsible for maintaining a positive and strategic relationship with all assigned Customers as organization’s key point of contact for communications.
- Responsible for the operational success of all assigned projects, including scheduling, pricing, delivery and technical (product quality and costs) performance of organizational programs.
- Proposal preparation may include assisting with plans, specifications and financial terms of the contract. Strategically, they should assist with business development initiatives.
- Responsible for communication, governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization, tracking, finances, infrastructure, planning, and improvement.
- Responsible for governance, working with the over arching structure, processes and procedures to accomplish objectives, to include metrics of success and deliverables. Metrics include program product quality, on-time delivery, product costs, and inventory levels; inevitably driving the organization’s cash flow and EBITDA.
- Consolidation of all necessary information from each department within the organization, as it pertains to their entire respectively assigned product manufacturing efforts.
- Management and alignment involving top-down vision, goals and objectives from business strategy flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
- Assurance includes checks and balances for compliance with standards and vision alignment, along with interaction with our Quality Dept. ensuring proper product quality planning is in place.
- Management involves regular reviews for accountability and successful management of the project including interaction with all department managers to ensure proper resource allocation.
- Integration of program specific capacity considerations into the full facility reviews and integration of New Product Introductions into all established reviews such as Operations’ Daily Production reviews, Continuous Improvement reviews, and Program Reviews.
- Cost tracking program component costs while maintaining an understanding of overall program administration costs.
- Infrastructure – may include arranging for manufacturing space, product revision control and IT needs; also involves resource allocation for successful completion of program objectives.
- Planning – involves developing the plan to orchestrate projects, resources, timescales, monitoring and control along with program specific capacity requirements.
- Improvement covers ongoing performance assessment, research and development of new capabilities, and systematically applying knowledge for program success.
- Market reports indicate that the job outlook for Program Managers continues is strong and expected to remain strong.
- Ability to discuss how plans will be carried out so that changes can be made to each project, establishing compatibility and taking advantage of available synergies
- Leadership skills must be top-notch; being able to work with a variety of different individuals and ability to communicate with all levels and ensure company’s success through collaborative team actions.
- Must have excellent skills to work with Customers and ensure issues and status updates are communicated clearly on projects.
- Must be adept to conflict resolution, since many departments utilize shared resources.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Aerospace manufacturing Program Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Program/Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain/Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering Management or equivalent experience.
- Program or project management certification (PMI) preferred.
Job ID: 4248