Ronkonkoma, New York
- Support of personnel in interpreting and executing engineering instructions drawings and procedures for production of AC and DC power sources, frequency converters, DC-AC inverters and uninterruptible power sources (UPS) for high reliability industrial applications in the 100W to 100 KW range.
- Test and troubleshooting of analog, digital and power conversion circuitry.
- Performance and support of product acceptance/final testing including burn-in, thermal stress and ESS tests.
- Training of production test technicians is a part of this position.
- Investigates reported defects in both production hardware and items returned for repair, ensuring that engineering-related production problems are documented and taking appropriate steps to revise these documents via the ECO process.
- Working closely with design engineering, the liaison engineer prepares and verifies test procedures for subassemblies and finished products, including specification of standard test equipment and design and construction of custom fixtures and equipment when needed for test and burn-in.
- Broad range of abilities and experience in design, testing, stressing, configuring and qualification of AC and DC power supply products.
- Well-organized, open-minded, decisive and flexible, able to communicate well with others, work cooperatively in a team environment, and lead others both by direction and by example.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to read electrical/electronic schematic, fabrication and assembly drawings, and to understand electronic component data sheets.
- Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of standard commercial test equipment as well as specialized equipment for power measurement is required, e.g. DMMs, DVMs, DSOs, electronic loads, AC and DC power sources, dataloggers, thermocouples and digital thermometers, ovens and thermal chambers, vibration/shock tables, logic analyzers, Ethernet traffic monitors, etc.
- Past experience in support of IEC safety and EMC compliance testing is highly desirable.
Job ID: 14469