Bohemia. New York
- Provides inspection support to maintain product integrity of the work cell products and processes.
- Works with operators and technicians to insure products and processes are fully compliant with specifications and customer quality requirements.
- Perform Final Inspection functions on all material being shipped.
- Perform Incoming Inspection functions on incoming material (components, assemblies, sheet metal).
- Responsible for the maintenance of the calibration program.
- Aid in failure analysis and corrective action investigations. Providing administrative & data collection.
- Perform final inspection activities on customer RMA’s.
- Coordinates with suppliers relating to quality performance, trends, and corrective action.
- Interfaces with Contract Administrators as required to ensure the accuracy of sales orders, shipping information, DD250s, 8130-3s and C of C.
- Performs supplier source inspections to assure compliance to company drawing / test requirements and specifications.
- Follow through on corrective actions to solve problems through root cause analysis.
- Assist in performing internal Quality System audits.
- Maintain solder/inspection certification to company workmanship standards.
- Effective interpersonal skills with focus on customers ( internal & external).
- Works closely with departments on procedural issues.
- Must be a TEAM player, have a positive attitude and a sense of urgency.
- May perform similar, related duties as assigned and/or directed by supervisor.
- AAS or technical school graduate preferred.
- Familiar with PCB assembly and/or instrumentation knowledge preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Must be knowledgeable in workmanship standards IPC-A-610D & J-STD-001.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 & AS9100C preferred.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with all related manufacturing and test documentation packages (Drawings, ATPs, ECOs and failure reports).
- Some exposure to dealing with customers.
- Must possess communication skills with the ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610C workmanship standard.
- Be able to work with versatility and flexability in a multi-task environment.
- Knowledge of FAA or Government policies, current industry quality specifications (i.e. ISO 9001:2008/AS9100) to facilitate inspections.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, customer specifications and internal drawings and procedures. Required to utilize basic test equipment and hand tools.
Job ID: 468